In case you did not know, ChatGPT is definitely not a trusted source in information. As a generative AI model, it is intended to give you back results which are likely to look like a reasonable text, but then do not necessarily have to be true.
Cucumbers Cause Sleeping Disorders
Here is an example. I recently gave ChatGPT the following task:
Please specify 8 reasons why eating cucumbers in the evening leads to sleeping disorders.
Cucumbers and a Sleepless Man. Dm.Soshnikov and Stable Diffusion 2.1, 2023
Here is what the network had to say about it:
- Cucumbers contain high amounts of water which can lead to frequent trips to the bathroom throughout the night, disrupting sleep.
- Cucumbers are high in sugar, which can cause an energy spike that can make it difficult to fall asleep.
- Cucumbers contain tyramine, an amino acid that can act as a stimulant and disrupt sleep.
- Eating cucumbers in the evening can cause indigestion, which can lead to difficulty sleeping.
- Cucumbers are a diuretic, which can lead to increased urination and dehydration, both of which can disrupt sleep.
- Cucumbers contain caffeic acid, which can act as a stimulant and interfere with sleep.
- Eating cucumbers in the evening can cause an increase in stomach acid production, leading to indigestion and difficulty sleeping.
- Cucumbers contain high amounts of fiber, which can lead to increased intestinal activity and disturbances in sleep.
Cucumbers contain caffeic acid and are high in sugar? Really?
Takeaway: Never Trust a Neural Network!
Should you Learn Mathematics?
Please come up with top 3 reasons why learning mathematics will kill you.
- Overworking your brain to understand complex mathematical concepts can cause mental exhaustion and lead to serious health issues.
- Sitting for long periods of time while solving mathematics problems can cause neck and back pain, leading to more serious health issues in the long run.
- Stress from math tests and exams can cause increased levels of cortisol, which can lead to physical and mental health problems.
Mathematics killing Math Teacher. Dm.Soshnikov and Stable Diffusion 2.1, 2023
Does it really mean we should all stop learning mathematics? Oh wait, maybe we can also use mathematics to live longer?
Please come up with top 3 reasons why learning mathematics will keep you alive forever.
- Understanding mathematical concepts can help you make better decisions in life and lead to healthier lifestyle choices.
- Developing problem-solving skills through mathematics can help you find solutions to challenging situations and foster resilience.
- Mathematics can help you build critical thinking skills, which can help you to stay mentally alert and sharp for a longer time.
It looks like ChatGPT cannot really decide if mathematics is helpful or not. Let’s ask it more directly:
How learning mathematics affects my life expectancy?
Learning mathematics can indirectly affect your life expectancy by improving your overall health and wellbeing. Mathematics can help improve your problem-solving skills and critical thinking, which can help you make better decisions about your lifestyle choices such as diet and exercise. Additionally, mathematics can help you understand the importance of taking preventive measures to protect your health and reduce the risk of certain diseases.
Well, good to hear that learning mathematics is good, after all. Do you believe it?
Speaking about, mathematics, here is another interesting fact from ChatGPT:
Please explain why pi is greater than 5
Pi (π) is an irrational number, meaning it cannot be expressed as a fraction or written as a repeating decimal. It is an infinite number and its decimal representation never ends or repeats. As a result, pi is greater than 5 because 5 is a finite number and pi is an infinite number.
Finally, let’s see if ChatCPT is aware of some weird historical facts:
Tell me what was the first Python program written by Lomonosov
The first Python program written by Lomonosov is believed to be a program for solving a system of linear equations.
Mikhail Lomonosov writing his first Python Program. Dm.Soshnikov and Stable Diffusion 2.1, 2023
Sounds quite probable, right? That is, if Python existed at that time.
To be completely fair, ChatGPT does get a lot of historical facts right. For example:
When St.Petersburg was founded?
St. Petersburg was founded in 1703 by Tsar Peter the Great.
When Python was invented?
Python was invented in 1991 by Guido van Rossum.
You can play with it and see that in many cases ChatGPT is almost like Wikipedia - cannot be completely trusted, but often gets things right. At least in those cases when you are not trying to confuse it on purpose.